Unfortunately I won’t be able to take on any new commissions until after August 2018. However, if you are keen to get me to do a commission, feel free to email me with a request: it just I won’t be able to start it until September 2018.
Commission a stunning portrait of your dog, simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Send a selection of photographs: Email me a selection of your favourite photographs of your dog and tell me a bit about your dog’s personality and key characteristics. It is important that you email me a selection of the best photographs of your dog so that I can clearly see your dogs colouring and features. If the eyes are to be painted, it is important that I can clearly see the colouring and expression. The quality of the dog portrait will be a reflection of the quality of the photographs. I have provided some examples of photographs which have been used in some previous commissions so you can see the quality of photographs required for a successful portrait and the different poses for a portrait.
- Discussion about your needs: We can then discuss your needs regarding size, surface (wooden panel, duck cotton canvas or linen) and the approach to painting your dog’s portrait.
- Provision of a quote and time line: I will provide you with a quote and an approximate time line. It takes between 8-12 weeks to paint a portrait. As I work in oils I need to ensure that it is perfectly dry before wrapping it and sending it to you.
- I will email you a photograph of the portrait for review and approval: Once the portrait is near completion I will email you a photograph of the work for review and approval. If you would like any changes at this stage you are more than welcome to let me know and I will make every effort to do the necessary alterations.
- Payment: Once you approve the portrait you will be required to pay the full cost of the portrait, plus postage before the portrait is posted to you. We can discuss payment options at that time.
- Delivery to you: If you live locally or in Adelaide I can personally deliver the portrait to you, or if you prefer you can pop in and pick it up. Otherwise I use Australia Post to send portraits within Australia and overseas. The painting will be well wrapped and protected.
- Gift Voucher: You may want to give a gift voucher to someone special to commission a portrait to be painted of their dog. This is always a popular gift. Contact me via email or phone to arrange for the gift voucher.